Afton Driving Park Fun - Schooling Horse Show - Rules and Information
A pdf file of the rules is available. [Download Rules]
- Have fun and be safe. Safety is the primary concern.
- Proof of current Coggins - this year or previous year required.
- Current Rabies - must be dated within 12 months of show date.
- Hard Hats are required for all riders 18 or under when mounted or in a cart.
- Hard hats are not required for handlers 18 and under in Showmanship classes.
- Hard hats are required for anyone 18 or under in the miniature in hand classes.
- Hard hats are acceptable for adult use in any class.
- Appropriate foot wear with a heel is required for all riders.
- All ages, both youth and seniors, are determined as of Jan 1 of current year.
- Classes maybe combined or split at the discretion of the judge to ensure safety and accommodate low numbers of entries.
- Green horses are not restricted to Green horse classes only.
- Walk/Trot riders may not change to W/T/C during a show.
- To ensure safety of riders, who feel they need to for safety reasons, may drop back to W/T during a show, but they must remain at that level for the remainder of the show.
- W/T Gymkhana riders or timed game riders who canter more than 3 strides will be disqualified and have no time.
- Riders/handlers/whips, who need to change horses due to safety concerns or horse health issues, may do so without a change in rider number. Safety is the primary concern.
- The judge is available to provide feedback and coaching after the class has been pinned. Please let the judge know if you would like this.
- Show clothes are optional and welcome. Short sleeves and T shirts are allowed. No shorts or tank tops please.
- Bitless bridles / Hackamore are allowed.
- Six places will be pinned with ribbons.
- No high points - end of day awards will be tracked or awarded.
- All judge's decisions are final.
- There are no restrictions on carts, carriages etc.
- Driving entries may include Multiples.
- For the driving Groom's Class, a groom is anyone who declares themselves a groom for another whip for that class.
- Any Horse/Mini with behavior problems or deemed unsafe by the judge may be asked to leave the ring. The judge may remove the animal for the duration of the show.
Copyright © 2013 Afton Driving Park and Agricultural Association Fun Shows
Design by Regina Birdsall, Last Updated 04/06/2013
The Afton Driving Park & Agricultural Association, Inc.